1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz SA-1 & Marantz SA-17

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by sticker, Nov 7, 2003.

1. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    Does anyone know whether the Marantz SA17 which replaced the SA1 is as good a CD/SACD player?

I heard the SA1 player yesterday and I was absolutely astounded, I've never heard such a good player. The clarity & depth were amazing. I tried to recall my demo of the Meridian 588 and Copland CDA822 which I thought was superb, but the Marantz was so much more, as long as my memory isn't playing up. Will have to get a re demo of the Meridian/Copland.

Only problem is now where can I find one at a reasonable price and sell my Arcam FMJ27A

Regards
    John

2. daninthemix

daninthemix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to own an SA-1, very good player. They occasionally turn up second hand and go for around £2500 (which is what I sold mine for). The SA-17 will come nowhere near - it is positioned alongside the CD-17M in the range.

3. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Dan. Out of interest what did you replace it with, it must have been pretty good !!!

Regards
    John

4. daninthemix

daninthemix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Theta Casablanca II with Superior DAC. I wanted to extend the superb resolution to the other 3.1 channels, which I did. However, this is now for sale too (£4.5k with a free PS Audio Power Plant if you're interested) :smashin:

5. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dan but a bit outside my current pocket!! Good luck with the sale