Marantz ruby and subwoofer

Hi gibbsy,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will have to live without a subwoofer.

I already had the LS50s on another system and they might go back to that system. They sound pretty good with the Ruby except for lacking on the bass. With my Nain XS2, I don't feel lacking bass as with the Ruby.

Thanks again,

Hi gibbsy,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will have to live without a subwoofer.

I already had the LS50s on another system and they might go back to that system. They sound pretty good with the Ruby except for lacking on the bass. With my Nain XS2, I don't feel lacking bass as with the Ruby.

Thanks again,
That could very well be down to the way the the Naim XS2 delivers bass. I auditioned the XS2 against a Rega Elicit-R with my KEF R300s. I found the Rega had a tigher, more controlled bass response than the Naim. It could very well suit the two way LS50s rather than the three way R300/R3s.

That could very well be down to the way the the Naim XS2 delivers bass. I auditioned the XS2 against a Rega Elicit-R with my KEF R300s. I found the Rega had a tigher, more controlled bass response than the Naim. It could very well suit the two way LS50s rather than the three way R300/R3s.
Hey Gibbsy, Don't know if you are aware, there is a new version of the Rega Elicit out? Was browsing yesterday and found it by chance, looks like it has a DAC also.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom