Marantz Remote Controls

MrRoarke

Standard Member
Reaction score
I currently own a Marantz CD6006, and I'm thinking of purchasing the PM6007 amplifier, mainly because it has a subwoofer out whereas the 6006 does not. I noticed that the remote controls are slightly different between the 2 models in terms of the buttons that are on them. I'm assuming the remote for the PM6007 will control the CD6006 CD player without any issues, right? Do all Marantz remotes work interchangeably?

My cd6006's remote would not work with my sa8005 player. Could be that the cd6006 was a redbook player and the sa8005 is SACD. Oddly enough though the sa8005's remote can control the volume on my Rega stereo amp.

I would be surprised if the new amp couldn't be controlled by the same remote as it is more evolution rather than revolution. If your sub has a high level connection then why not connect the pm6006 that way. Audio wise going from the pm6006 to the 6007 is more of a sideways move audio wise.

@gibbsy Very interesting. So I suppose it should work then. I like the eject button on the 6007 remote.

The reason I bought the 6007 was that my new 6006 unit ended up being defective and returned it. I ended up deciding on the 6007 for the sub output since I will be using all of A/B speaker inputs for bi wiring.

Neither of my remotes had an eject button both the cd6006 and the sa8005 have to be ejected by using the fascia button. Having one on a remote would be a real luxury for me as I also have a Denon DCD 2500 that again has to be ejected by a fascia button.

Bi-wiring. It doesn't really bring any audio improvement. In effect all you are doing is moving crossover from the speakers themselves to the amp. As far as the dedicated sub pre-out then that's far better and easier than a high level connection.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom