1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz RC5400

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by woodmeister, Apr 10, 2005.

1. woodmeister

woodmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a 5400 to replace my aging and failing 5000i. It's a great looking piece of kit but my usual source of material Remotecentral.com is a little light on content.

Does anyone else have one of these? :lease:

And the Wizz It software whilst it will import .ccf files it doesn't seem to like Pronto based .pcfs. The different brands weren't a problem with the 5000i. :suicide:

2. Taskman

Taskman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have an RC5400 and have experienced the same problem.
    The PCF files I have downloaded from remotecentral.com will not open "in this editor" even though in the properties they say "opens with Marantz Wizz-IT"

I would be interested to find any other resourse or indeed any useful replies !!!

3. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To open PCF with Wizz It you need to alter the zip file comment.

• Select a PCF File.

• Right click and select "Open With Winzip".

• On the top menu bar select "Actions".

• Scroll down to "Comments" and select.

• In the window alter the Type and Version information to the following . . .

• Type:009

• Version:001.000

• Save.

The PCF should now open with Wizz It, though you may experience problems with the graphics. Check out this RC thread for further details.