Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Marantz RC5400

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by woodmeister, Apr 10, 2005.

1. woodmeister

woodmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a 5400 to replace my aging and failing 5000i. It's a great looking piece of kit but my usual source of material Remotecentral.com is a little light on content.

Does anyone else have one of these? :lease:

And the Wizz It software whilst it will import .ccf files it doesn't seem to like Pronto based .pcfs. The different brands weren't a problem with the 5000i. :suicide:

2. Taskman

Taskman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have an RC5400 and have experienced the same problem.
    The PCF files I have downloaded from remotecentral.com will not open "in this editor" even though in the properties they say "opens with Marantz Wizz-IT"

I would be interested to find any other resourse or indeed any useful replies !!!

3. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To open PCF with Wizz It you need to alter the zip file comment.

• Select a PCF File.

• Right click and select "Open With Winzip".

• On the top menu bar select "Actions".

• Scroll down to "Comments" and select.

• In the window alter the Type and Version information to the following . . .

• Type:009

• Version:001.000

• Save.

The PCF should now open with Wizz It, though you may experience problems with the graphics. Check out this RC thread for further details.