1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz RC3200 and Battery Life

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by johndon, Jun 17, 2003.

1. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I recently got one of these remotes. It's not used that often, possibly only once a week, but I'm finding that the batteries (even Duracel) are lasting no longer than 4 - 6 weeks.

Do I have a duff remote or are they really that battery hungry.

John

2. bunkerbuster2

bunkerbuster2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 5200 (docking station et all) it's used all the time and it goes for about 40 days without needing a top up.

3. BigAde

BigAde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    John

I have the Marantz RC2000MkII. It gets through batteries about the same rate as your RC3200...

My advice would be to invest in an alkaline battery recharger (£20-30), or in a set of high-capacity (2000mAH +) Ni-MH batteries and charger. The latter may work better in the long run since alkaline batteries can only be recharged up to about 10 times and even then you have to be quite disciplined about recharging them before they weaken too much.

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Thanks for the responses guys, looks like I'm off to buy some rechargable batteries then...

John