1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz rc 5000i or Philips Pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by jay, Feb 12, 2002.

1. jay

jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me i have a Marantz rc5000i which i droped recently and can not be repaired. I can get a Philips Pronto cheaply and i would like to know if i can use the same files in the Marantz and transfer them to the Pronto. Can you tell me if they would work on the pronto because if not i a would have to start from scratch with setting up my system again.Also i would be uploading them from the Pc.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jay

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Jay,

i believe that the two units are the same internally, so you should have a problem.

However, it depends on the pronto you buy (they come in 2 flavours: 1mb and 2mb). I think the RE 5000i is a 2mb unit so make sure you get a pronto with 2mb of memory.

I think the above info is correct, if not i'm sure someone will tell me.

Gary

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Sorry typo in the above post, should hasve read: i believe that the two units are the same internally, so you should NOT have a problem.

Sorry Gary