1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marantz question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by whitewolf, Mar 18, 2005.

1. whitewolf

whitewolf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just bought a marantz 9500 dvd player. its region 2 . i need to ask how to make it region 1. cant find any hack for it on the net. can anyone help me out.

how to make it region free

2. whitewolf

whitewolf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone . any idea how to get the 9500 dvd work region 1 disks. its just playing region 2

3. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Hi,

Sorry I can't help with the hack (I'm sure there will be an easy one somewhere) but what do you think of the player?

I've just got a nice new LCD panel and am thinking of replacing my Toshiba SD900e for this.

It needs to play everything and be a really decent CD player (the Tosh is'nt bad but could be better).

:)

4. whitewolf

whitewolf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the player rocks. it looks like a amplifier. its a giant.

5. Audionyx

Audionyx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The DV9500 replaced a Denon A11 and IMHO is superior in every respect bar the slight layer change.

Back to back comparisons on PW7 and Infocus 5700 PJ shows the Denon's picture to be of less vibrancy and cursed by slight pixelation (blocking).

CD replay is superb as to keep "'er-in-doors" happy the DVD players doubles as the audio source. Took about 48 hours to break in to now what is a sure footed, rhythmic and detailed source. Is non too forgiving of shoddy discs but garbage in garbage out...

6. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I got my marantz DV 9500 from hong kong . It came multi region straight out of the box. I suppose it would be reasonable that your UK dealer should point you in the right directions.

I must say, this is a fantastic dvd player!!

7. simonthepieman

simonthepieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Now then I purchased a dv9500 from kumamoto (he had 2 from hong kong)
    Collected sat 19th, It is of course multiregion out of box.

This dvd player has really impressed me so far CD's sound very,very good much
    better than an arcam dv88 i used to use also better than cyrus 6, i would say you
    need to spend over £1500 on a cd player alone to better its sound.

Sacd is also very nice but i only have 3 discs and nothing else previous to compare
    to , 2 channel sacd is really very,very,good.

Movie sound is a relevation compared to the dv88 and (purchased for picture) a
    momitsu v880.

The momitsu scales to 720p that is why i got it. anyone who has one knows the picture is good, but the build quality is dire,absolute crap!
    The picture of the marantz at present goes out progressive into an iscan hd this
    scales to 720p, i would say the detail is better by quite a margin than the momitsu
    colour,edges blocking etc in fact all aspects of the picture are better.
    I will try the hdmi digital out tonight (adaptor arrived in post today) to see if it
    betters the iscan at 720p, which it may well do.
    The sound movie wise is just a different planet to all other dvd players used so far
    superb sterring but as one, so to speak with controlled yet organic bass.

Thankyou Joe for the simple purchase it am very pleased, cant wait to test the hdmi conection.

To all before we all buy hi-def in the next 1 to 2 years treat yourself to a last
    quality dvd player to me the marantz dv9500 is just that

simon

8. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does this one do progressive scan on pal? Simon you seen really impressed with the sound. I have an arcam alpha 6 and have been struggling to find a dvd player to match the sound without going into the £2000 bracket. Could this fit the bill? Also have you seen it through component out? I would be sending component to my pannasonic 6 series screen then hopefully hdmi to a future projector. Is this the dvd for me? Looks great lol

9. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    anyone eose got this dvd player. I'm serious about it but a dealer up in the north who used to do marantz say they stopoped as there dvd's were unreliable!

10. miguelbarroso

miguelbarroso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The same old story.. a dealer doesn't sell a brand, and then says that the brand they don't sell is not reliable...

I own a DV6200 for more than 3 years now, with no problems... of course you'll also receive info from people who had Marantz gear and had problems... and of people who had Denon and had problems... and Yamaha, and H/K and Rotel... well Is there a brand who never had a complaint?

M.

11. simonthepieman

simonthepieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Mark

Yes it does pal progressive, componet out (progressive) looks very good.
    I think hdmi is better though.

Sound wise it is very good, It's difficult to explain very good but there are no nasty aspects to the sound what so ever and I compare all cd sounds to my separate Hi Fi system
    where i use an audio synthesis transport and dax converter to give you an idea how good I think this cd player solution is I have listened to many, inc dcs and Krell in the ten's of thousands plus bracket, and prefer the audio synthesis.
    So i suppose if i say the dv9500 sounds very good, draw your own conclusion.

Hope this helps
    I also consider my dv9500 a bargain purchased 2nd hand so to speak in the uk
    for less than a grand (brand new in box via hong kong)
    Oh and used every day since last sat, no issues yet

12. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers simon. Will have to get out and listen to one if I can find anyomne near who has one in stock