Marantz Problems!!!

scoobysmiff

Hi All,

Has anyone else had problems with their Marantz products?

I shall expand - I have brought 4 x Marantz products in the last 4 years and all 4 items have gone wrong, requiring external assistance at some point.

My UD5007 went wrong when the CD tray decided that it would not eject, my UD7007 has now decided that it will not switch on, my SR7009 has now decided that the surround channels will intermittently crackle and most recently my SR7012 completely froze and had to have a factory reset.

I'm starting to wonder if Marantz has a serious build quality issue and despite me liking the sound the produce, am very reluctant to stay with the brand.

I have engaged with Marantz Europe to see if there is an agreeable solution to my issues but they are seemingly very difficult to get hold of other than on their (poor in my opinion) customer support area on the Marantz Website.

Now apart from the 7012, all items are over 4 years old but surely I should expect more than 3-4 years of life from such products?

razy60

They have a good phone support.
028-9027-9830
They helped me.

scoobysmiff

They have a good phone support.
028-9027-9830
They helped me.
Thanks razy60 although I strongly suspect that the phone number you provided is an American number, which will unfortunately not be of much help as I am UK based - something which I had not mentioned previously, thanks again though :smashin::smashin::smashin:

razy60

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks razy60 although I strongly suspect that the phone number you provided is an American number, which will unfortunately not be of much help as I am UK based - something which I had not mentioned previously, thanks again though :smashin::smashin::smashin:
Nope it's the UK support number, I they're based in N Ireland, it's for sounds United which is the parent company for Denon and Marantz.:thumbsup:

scoobysmiff

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nope it's the UK support number, I they're based in N Ireland, it's for sounds United which is the parent company for Denon and Marantz.:thumbsup:
Brilliant, thank you. I shall give them a ring

gibbsy

I had a failure on a Marantz sa8005. Repaired under warranty by Marantz who organised the drop off at a local dealership as the trader I bought the player off went under. Nothing but praise for Marantz's customer services. Player was back in ten days.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom