Marantz Pre AV8003/Amp MM8003 or Rotel Pre RSP-1570/Amp RMB-1575

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by cdika17, Feb 7, 2009.

1. cdika17

cdika17
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Getting down to crunch time on deciding on new pre/pro and amp. Both of these combo's have been out long enough to get a decent review and comparison. Price wise they are fairly close, rotel may have the upper hand in that department.

I've heard there has been some issure with the rotel 1570, does the marantz out preform the rotel?

So for the people who have any knowledge or experiences with the 2, comment and suggest!

2. McFaber

McFaber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Have you thought about adding a Audiolab(8000AP)to your list.
    Although I don't have any experience with either the Marantz AV8003 and Rotel, a forum member's review of the 8000AP vs the AV8003 definitely swung it towards the 8000AP. I'm a big Marantz fan BTW!

3. Medrep1

Medrep1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hi,

I have just purchased the Rotel set up. Was very happy with it, bar a few minor niggles, other than that it performed superbly. I have not heard the marantz, so I cannot comment.

I went for the rotel primarily for its 5x250 amp, heard nothing but great reviews so far by reading other forums/browsing. It certainly gave my B&W set up a new lease of life and oomph! I also think the 2ch performance was also better than my cyrus AV8 set up!

Can you explain what issues you are referring to with regards to the rotel, and i'll let you know if I experienced them?:smashin:

4. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Any chance of any links to either pro or user reviews?
    I really haven't found many yet, especially the rotels.
    I believe HFN are reviewing the rotel RSX 1560 reveiver next month.

Cheers, Nick

5. Medrep1

Medrep1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
  6. McFaber

McFaber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Pro review; areadvd do a mega review of the 8000AP/ Google AreaDVD Audiolab 8000AP.
    You'll need use the google translator, unless you can understand German...:D

User; Page 94 on the Audiolab 8000AP thread.

B R

Manxstar.

7. Medrep1

Medrep1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
  8. Medrep1

Medrep1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I coudnt find many reviews either, but did find some positive remarks from some high end B&W owners. I did take some reassurance that the rotel would at least get the very best from my 600 series!

I started to get quite overwhelmed by the choices/routes I could take for a new setup, and in the end demo'd the rotel at home and had faith in my dealer recommendations, always had great service and he seems to know what he is talking about. He could have sold me anything, and I did throw quite a few options at him, to say the least!

The only way to truly compare all these systems is to have them all at home, side by side to demo. To me this would be an impossible task, let alone be able to plug/unplug everything in time to remember what the previous demo sounded like.

In the end I liked the sound of the rotel, it ticked all the boxes 'for me', and I thought sod it, lets just buy the damn thing and enjoy the movies, or i'll be here all year trying to make my mind up!!

It would be nice to see some favourable reviews though, just for some reassurance that my money was well spent! Nothing in todays new Home Cinema Choice either!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009