1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marantz pm7200 ,anyone demoed this

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mick23, Jun 4, 2003.

1. mick23

Standard Member

Mar 20, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    hi all just read the review of marantz pm7200 in latest what hifi ,
    95 watts ,and 25watts in class a mode, but unfortunately does not appear to have preouts to link to my existing rotel powers, if i wished to do so,

so my way of thinking is i could use my denon 3802 as pre/pro for av use , cdm1nts as fronts driven by marantz (95 watt mode) using front pre/outs of 3802 to tape loop of pm7200 for av duties.

use pm7200 with cd player in class a mode (25watts) with cdm1nts for 2 channel duties,

my only concern is that 25watts might be a little underpowered for cdm1nts rated at 50-120watts, room size 4mX3.5m,

i am aware that amps like sugden and naim nait 5 are 25w and 30watts respectively,

i also have the option of adding a prepro such as rotel ra03 and using with my 981 for sterio duties,

but would assume the marantz in class a mode for sterio might give (more benifit)

your views would be appreciated specifically as regards the 25 watt a mode with the likes of cdms.

can anyone suggest a dealer online where i can purchase pm7200 but have the option of "hometrial" and return if not happy ,

local dealer who has this amp does not allow a try at home policy,
    thanks all