Question Marantz PM-44SE MK II vs MK I

jtalep

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there

This is my first post so apologies if this has ever been asked before, but I did have a look and couldn't see anything.

I've just purchased the MK II and I'm a bit of a stickler for wanting to know the history of my equipment, so I'd really like to know what the difference is between the original PM44-SE MK I and the MK II. Visually they seem to look identical, the only difference I could see is the model number.

I assume therefore that the MK II came with some internal changes, but I'd be interested to know what those changes were? And if anyone could tell me when the MK II was on sale, the person I bought it from has owned it since new but they couldn't recall when they bought it, just that it was from Richer Sounds around the 90's - but I'd really like to narrow it down.

The amp will be used with my other 'new' purchases, a pair of pristine Mission 760i SE speakers and a Denon DCD-715 CD player. I started with the speakers and then got carried away...this is my first foray in to the world of 'vintage' hi-fi equipment and it didn't feel right using a modern amplifier on 20 year old speakers, not from a technical point of view of course, but from a sympathetic one! Call me a hopeless romantic, I liked the idea of building a system where all the components came from around the same era.

Managed to get all 3 for £132 which I didn't think was too bad! Anyway I digress, if anyone knows the answers to my questions that would be much appreciated :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom