Marantz nr1711 v Yamaha rx-v6a

Mr G Raff

Novice Member
Hi all, welcome any feedback you have please on marantz nr1711 vs Yamaha rx-v6a. I think I’ve relegated the denon 2700h to third.
This will be my first av receiver.
Currently have an old pioneer all in one that’s died and was left in the house when I bought it.
I have a 4K Sony tv, Xbox one s and Apple TV which I’d plug into tv then earc to av.
I have slightly hard of hearing and don’t like bass heavy things, indeed often can’t hear dialogue so the dialogue boosting of the marantz and Yamaha appeals. I have read that denons is a bit meh.
So often I’ll play at lower sound, not bsss heavy but want to benefit from good dialogue and proper surround sound.
Music is important too and is like to play cd,s via Xbox or dedicated future CD player and I’d stream by Spotify. Yamaha reviews say it’ll push cds out across 5.2 but I’d welcome feedback on Boths music capabilities.
I know one has music cast and one has heos and wireless appeals but I’ll start with wired speaker system.
Finally, any advice on which upscale hd or 4K best as those are my main two viewings. Thank you so much. Hoping to buy this Black Friday

dante01

Distinguished Member
The NR1711 is a slimline model and as such will be less powerful than a full sized AV receiver. The slimline models are more ordinarilly used in smaller rooms and not so often used as the main room AV receiver.

Maybe consider the more conventional Denon AVR-X1700 rather than the Marantz NR1711? This would be better value for your money. If basing your decesion purely upon signature sound then yes, the Marantz may be preferable to a Denon AVR if you want to listen to stereo music on a regular basis, but I'd then suggest the Yamaha as being the better option due to it not being compromised in terms of its build and power output.

The Marantz would have what many consider to be a better room EQ system than the YPAO system onboard Yamaha AV receivers though. The Denon and Marantz models come equipped with Audyssey.

You may find the following side by side comparison between the Yamaha and Marantz models helpful:

It should be noted that some of the features absent onboard the Yamaha will or are to be implemented by Yamaha at some point via firmware updates.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom