Marantz NR1710 - HELP!! - Varying levels of Volume -What are correct settings for sound from SKY Q BOX

Herby56

Novice Member
Hi
I am hoping someone can help I am having sound volume levels issues from different input scources ie. SKY Q box TV Channels BBC1 to Channel Five. And Netflix and Prime Video Stream. When listening through my Marantz NR110 AV Receiver and changing channels there is an increase (booming) in the sound levels.I have played around with the audio settings in the Marantz NR1710 but cannot seem to equalise the sound level between TV and Video channels.
Has anyone got a list of the correct settings to use, or any idea where I can find them.
Any assistance is welcome.
Thank you in advance for help.
Martin

gibbsy

It's a problem with SkyQ and something that cannot be controlled onboard any AV amp. You will have all those channels coming through one HDMI input and the channels on Sky can vary widely from channel to channel. The same can be said to some extent from disc to disc on blu ray titles as well.

You can set a level that will be the default when the input is engaged and that is about it. I have mine set to -25dB on start up or engagement.

Power On Level​

Define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on.
Last
(Default):
Use the memorized setting from the last session.
Mute:Always use the muting on condition when power is turned on.
1 – 98 (–79 dB – 18 dB) :The volume is adjusted to the set level.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom