Question Marantz NR1510 or Denon AVR-X1600H

bogart99

I have a wanted AV ad doing the rounds where I say I need a slimline unit hence the Marantz. Think I can probably get away with the Denon space wise as will definitely not be running it hard. Any opinions as to which is better. On paper the Denon looks the better bet, more oomph, eArc and Atmos, not that I need that now plus it can be got for £380 versus the Marantz is £450

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 39241

What will you be using it for, how many speakers, what size room, etc?

bogart99

For now just left, right and centre with possible sub maybe later. Room not large at all
3m x 5m Both units are powerful enough for this room obviously. I cannot see the justification in spending £75 more for a unit with poorer, on paper, specs.

D

Deleted member 39241

I have a Denon 1600 in the bedroom and a Marantz NR1508 on my desk. I must say that I prefer the Marantz as it sounds better for 2 channel music and looks nicer (mine is in silver). But, if you are not going to use it for 2 channel music, I would probably suggest the Denon for the additional power.

bogart99

Will just be used for the TV. Have other gear for serious music listening. Looks the better bet and as I keep saying, god I must be tight, is £80 cheaper. All I am after is an upgrade to the TV speakers and the small soundbar I have. As I have already got speakers seems the way to go.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom