Marantz NR1504 not turning on

kj23

Bought this new however many years ago it was now, it turned off in the middle of something being watched, no loud sound or smoke. It's never turned back on since, i'm no good with electronics, tried changing the fuse in the plug and a different power lead, still nothing.
Can't afford to replace it so ideally if i can get it working again and it's an easy fix, wouldn't even mind pay to get it fixed if it wasn't too much.
So i'd appreciate any help or advice if anyone has any please. Thanks.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Sounds like a return to workshop, but you could try just removing the mains lead for 10 mins and try again

Maybe just disconnect everything and see if it turns on

kj23

Sounds like a return to workshop, but you could try just removing the mains lead for 10 mins and try again

Maybe just disconnect everything and see if it turns on
I've tried a few things with the lead and nothing at all is working, tried a few different sockets too. Cheers though.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Could be an internal fuse which has gone for some reason. If you have a repairers anywhere local to you, it might be an idea to get them to look at it. Usually these fuses are not the standard ones we see on the shelfs

dobrykamil

Hi

Try this:
Starting diagnostic mode
Press the "Power operation" button to turn on power while pressing the "STATUS" and ”PRESET CH-" buttons.

kj23

Could be an internal fuse which has gone for some reason. If you have a repairers anywhere local to you, it might be an idea to get them to look at it. Usually these fuses are not the standard ones we see on the shelfs
That's what i was thinking, not aware of anyone local, i'll give it a look though.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom