Marantz NR1501 - XBox 360 Sound Problem

MediumRob

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I have the Marantz NR1501 AV Receiver with 2 x Wharfendale Diamond 9.1 Speakers. I also own a Wii, which is connected by a component cable to the VCR bit. My Sky HD is connected to the DSS slot via a HDMI cable and also has an optical cable connected to the receiver. I have had no problems with it so far - films and TV programmes sound great to me.

I have recently bought an XBox 360 and there is slight problem in that during a game the music and special effects (gun noises etc) sound fine, but the dialogue is often very quiet or not at all audible. I think this is possibly due to a surround sound setting - I have changed the XBox audio settings to Digital Stereo and I have changed the settings on the AV receiver to that 'auto surround' is off.

I can't figure out what else to do. Currently the XBox is connected via a HDMI cable to the HDMI game slot, but I wondered if adding a optical cable might help, but I'm not very knowledgable on this subject.

Can anyone help? I suspect there is a simple solution, and that I am being dumb, but the solution seems to be passing me by!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

You could try an additional optical connection but some games don't use the centre channel so rely totally on the front R&L speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom