• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Marantz NR1501 audio problem

1benny1

Standard Member
Took ownership of Marantz NR1501 and Jamo A105 this Saturday.

Got Rec. from Richer Sounds ( and purchased one of their Supercare warranties, not so sure, seemed like a good idea at time).

Got it connected up, although its by no means honed yet.

Very pleased with my buys.
The sound is incredible for such small speakers, the sub woofer fairly rocks the house, (I must find out how to tune it properly).

The construction of all speakers is excellent.

One problem bugging me tho, How can I get TV audio to play thro the Receiver and speakers, at the moment it only plays via its own speakers.

I`m using HDMI leads to connect Rec, LG BD390 Blue-ray and LG LH32000,

Thank you

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
You need to take an audio output from the TV and connect it to an audio input on the amp.

If the TV has an optical or coaxial audio output, you can use that or if it has RCA-Phono, just use an RCA-phono stereo lead.

Then apply something like Dolby Prologic PL11 Movie to the sound to get 5.1 audio.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom