• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Marantz NR1402 and Sky+ HD optical

shawkins002

Standard Member
Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I want DD sound from Sky+ HD box on my new Marantz NR1402 receiver. Have connected HDMI to HDMI 3 Sat on receiver and connected optical leads.

On the amp, under input assign, I have selected SAT to read HDMI= HDMI3 and DIG=OPT. No joy, still on PLII on a DD track.

If however I just set the CD input to OPT, I can get DD sound from Sky, just no picture. So nothing wrong with cables or Sky settings.

How do I get both at the same time please?

Many thanks

Simon

PSM1

Distinguished Member
When playing sky you probably need to press the 'input' button (or similar) to switch between HDMI sound and optical (digi). It appears you have assigned the optical to the Sat function so now just need to tell the amp to use the optical instead of the HDMI for sound.

shawkins002

Standard Member
Thanks - after doing the "input assign", you have to then go to "input setup" and change from Auto to Digital. As you suggested - thanks for the tip, was driving me nuts!

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom