Marantz NR1200 pairing with speakers: Dali vs Q acoustics and what about impedance (using one set vs 2 sets simultaniously)

Onna04

Hello,

I would like to add new speakers to my Marantz NR1200. I am currently trying out the Dali Oberon 3, Q acoustics 3030i and 2020i.

I am a bit confused as for what would technically be a good match, power / impedance wise. Especially when I would pair 2 sets of speakers, would a combination of any of the 2 sets below work ok? (I believe any set would be OK if used solo?)

Also I find it hard to choose: The Oberon seems to have a wider soundstage to me, but for some music, this is a little tiring to listen to imo like there is a lot of filling added. Anyone experiences this? I do love the sound on some other music. The Q's seem to have a more... compact and defined sound for some other music. difficult choice. If anyone has recommendations?

Thank you!

Specifications:
  • Number of Poweramps 2
  • Speaker Terminal 4 (speakers A and B)
  • Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)75
  • WPower Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive)100 W
  • Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive)150 W

I'm currently trying out the
Dali Oberon 3:
  • Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz]47 - 26,000
  • Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m) [dB]87
  • Nominal Impedance [ohms]6
  • Maximum SPL [dB]108
  • Recommended Amplifier Power [W]25 - 150
  • Crossover Frequency [Hz]2,400

Q acoustics 3030i:
  • Frequency response (+/-3 dB, -6 dB): 46 Hz - 30 kHz
  • Average impedance: 6 Ω
  • Minimum impedance: 4 Ω
  • Sensitivity ([email protected]): 88 dB
  • Stereo amplifier power: 25 - 75 W
  • AV receiver power (2 ch. driven): 50 - 145 W
  • Crossover frequency: 2.4 kHz
Q acoustics 2020i:
  • Nominal Impedance: 6 Ω
  • Minimum Impedance: 4 Ω
  • Sensitivity (2.83 [email protected] m): 88 dB
  • Stereo Amplifier Power: 25 - 75w
  • AV Receiver (2 ch. driven): 50 - 75w
  • Crossover Frequency: 2.4kHz

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

Technically all the above speakers will easily be driven by the Marantz. Putting speakers and amps together is rather too simplistic. Their positioning in and the room itself will have more of an impact on the speakers than the amp will.

Bright speakers in a room that is itself bare with wooden floors and devoid of soft furnishings will sound awful. A photograph of your room will certainly help here along where you intend to place the speakers.

I've always considered Dali speakers to be on the bright side. Q Acoustics are more benign and somewhat warmer. This is my opinion and may or may not be shared by others as we are all different. You've made your possible selections and ultimately it's down to you and it's imperative that you audition all the kit together in your own home.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom