Marantz NR1200 DAB reception

rjs31

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just bought a Marantz NR1200 to replace a Naim Muso because I wanted to go back to using speaker separates. So far so good, but one issue - I cannot get any DAB radio stations. The Naim, presumably with an internal antenna, had no problems at all in the same position.
One thing that puzzles me is that the supplied FAB/FM aerial only fits quite loosely onto the aerial socket, which appears to have a screw fitting. Maybe this explains the poor reception but I cannot see any way to achieve a tight connection. Has anyone else seen this problem and solved it?
One reason for selecting this unit was the inclusion of DAB so I really hope I can get it working.

The only other annoyance so far is that I can’t get Radio Paradise on TuneIn radio ☹️

Sound like a F-plug connection. Confirmed by looking at back panel photo.

Centre pin / socket is often very tight when new. So needs 'wiggling' in to allow the screw thread connection to be made and then be tightened home... (avoid both cross-threading and bending the centre pin!).

On outdoor aerial/satellite terminations a spanner is used to tighten up fully, but not always needed indoors.

Picture of the antenna/connector could confirm if something is missing/damaged.

D5F4F3B1-8C1E-4A83-8BDF-18FBCCBFD556.jpeg
5B0AC869-322A-46CE-B091-3469631BABE5.jpeg
Thank you. I’ve taken a couple of photos of the socket and cable, as an say it is quite a loose fit and may explain the poor/nonexistent DAB reception.

Use a screw down F connector as opposed to the slide on connector you are using. This will allow you to securely screw the connector down onto the antenna input.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom