Marantz NR1200 + B & W 606sa does lossless matter?

micks_address

HI folks,

Apologies if this is asked already. I bought a Marantz NR1200 last week and picked up a pair of B & W 606sa speakers for some stereo listening. I started intending mainly listening to Spotify premium on it which sounds good. I've been messing with Tidal and Qobuzz and flac files from USB and I've also not bought a rega plannar 1 with performance pack locally second hand. Rabbit hole truly and deeply.

I'm trying to figure out quality. On Tidal my understanding is due to MQA limitations I can't listen to its full potential. I took a trial with Qobuzz and downloaded the mconnect player and mconnect control app (ios) and can stream to the nr1200. To be honest spotify, tidal and qobuzz all sound good!

What I'm trying to figure out is what to stick with. Ill always have spotify as its a family plan and everyone else in the house used it. I have a Tidal offer for 3 months for 4 quid or something and Qobuzz is free for a month. Will MQA support be added to the Heos app? Some reviews state Tidal has the best quality regardless?

Where does a turntable fit into it all? Is it a foolish purchase as I currently don't have any vinyl and its a nostalgia trip?

With the quality of my speakers/amp - am i really just being silly thinking i need more than spotify premium?

Cheers,
Mick

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom