Quantcast

Marantz Network AV Receiver SR6011 has arrived in UK

dante01

Distinguished Member
The image you've posted isn't that of the SR6011. The image you've posted is that of the NR1607. While the SR6011 does indeed have 9 channels of discrete integral amplification, I'm not sure that describing this as being "9-channel power amp equipped" is correct, not unless you get 9 external power amps included in the purchase?

Powerful 9 Channel Discrete Amplifier, and Eco Mode
The SR6011's power amp section features discrete high-current output devices for superb sound with both music and movies, with, identical power on all 9 channels for precision sound. Rated at 185 watts per channel, the SR6011 features low-impedance drive capability, for excellent speaker control, and is compatible with 4 ohm speakers too. Meanwhile the Eco mode provides energy savings: it features an on-screen Eco meter, while it’s also possible to use the receiver in power-saving mode, either reducing the maximum output power or adopting low-power strategies at more modest settings – and all without any effect on the superb sound quality. To enjoy the immersive 3D sound with all ease the SR6011 is equipped with 9 channel amplification, which means you can setup a 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 3D experience without the need of external amplifier. By the use of an external amplifier the setup can get extended to 7.1.4 as the SR6011 features 11.2channel processing. If not in use for 3D audio the integrated amplifiers can get assigned to drive another pair of speakers in a second audio zone running a different source than the main room.
Marantz UK | SR6011

Here's the correct image for the SR6011:

Last edited:

Scotty Pro

thanks Dante
was wondering myself when I saw the image as Marantz tend to make their mid and upper amps look more or less the same. Could be time to upgrade next month if I can get a half decent price for my amp.

Dutch

6 days later and the image still hasn't been corrected.

Tyler Durden

Ronski