• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Marantz mm8003 vs arcam P7

Scott76

Ok I know straight off its a silly question and the arcam is clearly a better amp but mu issue is,I purchased the marantz for a bargain £600 but forgot about a drunken bid I made for the arcam which has wound me up in debt!.
So I could sell the marantz and still be in debt as the arcam was more expensive or sell the arcam which shouldn't be too much trouble as they are very sought after and get back in the black,but having no previous experience in amps I wonder if I would be just as happy with the marantz,as by all accounts it is a cracking amp in its own wright,or would I be nuts to choose it over the arcam which means money on the old credit card.
Both decent amps,would you really be able to tell the difference in sound under a blind test?.

stevos

Distinguished Member
If you have both and can afford to keep them for a little while, why not try.

Being in debt isn't great, but you won't have any problems reselling the p7 here.

Although the Marantz might be more difficult, should you fall in love with the arcam. Then again lets say the arcam is a massive step up, you could lose a little on the marantz and hopefully not be in debt.

Which is better will probably come down to your source and speakers.

Scott76

Anyone know were to get a mains lead for the arcam P7 as it's different from other mains leads,the pins are horizontal instead of vertical so can't just pop to maplins and get a kettle lead?

stevos

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom