• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

marantz made in england

hondavee4

just gone a bought meself a cd63se mk11 KI signature to replace my cd63se

the seller pointed out that most marantz players inc KI sigs are built in japan, indeed mine is but this a very last of a batch that was made in england

DSCN5234.jpg

so really looking forward to this:smashin:

anyone think this is a worthwhile upgrade or did i just waste me money

Cable Monkey

Your ears will determine if it was money well spent. There has been some discussion elsewhere about the KI sigs because not all of the mods have the full blessing of Marantz Japan. However this is with regards to some of the mods Marantz UK offer on modern players so I presume yours will have Ken Ish*tawa's full involvement and blessing. Let us know what you think.

hondavee4

well iam well chuffed, its a great bit of kit:thumbsup:

ive got a bit lost between japan made v made in england (i assume KI is a jap) but i am chuffed to bits:D:D

Cable Monkey

No KI is a Ken Ish*tawa approved mod. They like him in Japan and we like him here. Some of his mods are out 'there' in terms of scientific merit but the overall result seems to be liked by a lot of people.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom