1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz Ma-6100?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Falp, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Are these amps worth it? :rolleyes:

My ideia was to use a pair of these using an AV receiver preout to power the front speakers and improve stereo quality...

Are these more towards AV or HiFi...? :cool:

2. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    No opinions? :confused:

There are owners here, arent they? :rolleyes:

3. Richi

Richi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I saw your post and wanted to reply (hope it is not too late though). I have been using five MA-6100's with my Marants PS-17 for a year and was very satisfied with them for HT use. For stereo use I found my PS-17 to be more musical, however the differences where small. The MA-6100 were more 'boomy' in my set-up with Infinity Kappa 90 and later Tannoy TD-8. For the price the MA-6100 is a very good , stable and good sounding power amplifier.

Nice features are automatic power on and off via video and d-bus triggers. However I have had some problems with ground hum when using video triggering in combination with (I found out via trial and error) the power supply of my RC-5200 remote charging station.

More information and pictures can be found on my web-site http://www.verhart.net (however in Dutch).

Kind regards,
    Richard