Marantz M-CR502 receiver - where can i find reviews?

Neil Manc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Initially I was interested in purchasing the Arcam solo mini. Following price rise for the solo mini the above would appear to be an alternative. Cannot find any reviews yet. Looking to play in order of priority CDs, MP3 CDs and MP3 music from my ipod. DAB radio not a necessity. Also how does the Marantz compare with the Denon DM37DAB as it costs roughly twice the price?
Thanks in advance for any help available!
Neil

I think there’s going to be a review for it in the next issue of What Hi-Fi Sound and Vision, out April 8th. I’m definitely checking it out before deciding which mini system to get.

has anyone got the cr502 or compared it ? i dont need dab so with new version coming out i have noticed prices as low as £249. i am also looking at possibly the denon dm37 ( £199 ) or maybe the onkyo 725 which can be found for £209.
audio quality is primary and the other half is very sensitive to light at night. ( i am a bit worried about the onkyo as one review referred to industrial stength led lights.

has anyone got the cr502 or compared it ? i dont need dab so with new version coming out i have noticed prices as low as £249. i am also looking at possibly the denon dm37 ( £199 ) or maybe the onkyo 725 which can be found for £209.
audio quality is primary and the other half is very sensitive to light at night. ( i am a bit worried about the onkyo as one review referred to industrial stength led lights.

Yes, I have compared it yesterday with a NAD C715 and a TEAC CR-H256. It sounds great on CD and has a lot more volume than the others. But that should not wonder with 2x50 W against 2x25W. I heard the receivers with different kinds of music: classic, jazz, blues and chinese drums on small Mordaunt Short speakers. The room is very open, you can hear the source direction of each instrument, same level as the NAD. I also tried the radio, and it seems to be not that bad as written in German reviews. It's a little bit darker in tone but not bad after some time of listening.
The design on the front is very pure, not that many switches, and the remote doesn't look overloaded like the others.
I'am thinking of doing a second test at home before buying it.

Cant help with the CR502 but I recieved my Nad c715 the non dab version yesterday but cd player faulty. Wont play any cd's. :eek:... Should be recieving the replacement wednesday so will post up my thoughts after a good listen. I am hoping its on par with the offerings from Teac Onkyo and Denon.

Last edited:
I have bought the CR502 mid of April and I am really satisfied. Connected to my speakers BW602 it sounds great. Input comes from a Project Debut II turntable via NAD MM2 and a Panasonic DVD recorder. Turntable sounds good although it's not that brilliant like my former NAD A500. But I like the warm clear sound of the good old LPs.
I had no problems until now like unusual resets or faulty remotes others have quoted in blogs. CDs sounds very good. Also MP3 files either on discs or sticks sound good. But you can hear the differences in digital recording (a rate of 128 kbit/sec is mandantory).
With the radio reception via cable I am happy. I am hearing a lot of radio in the evening and on weekends.
From my point of view: it is a good decision to buy, you get a lot for your money.

hi, i bought the marantz, looks amazing, intuitive remote, and good sound.... for a bedroom system i found it a bit bright in the highs and bass seemed a bit lost in the middle.
there was a fault with the aux 1 so i was able to take it back and get refund.
i would now like to try the nad c715 if it is warm like their separates. arcam is another option but not sure of the extra spondooleys.
hoping nadict sees this post :>)

ok, just had another listen in store. ruled the onkyo and marantz out ( would be great for movies but this is for the bedroom )
so denon dm37, arcam mini solo , and nad c715 all wired up with arcam muso speakers. i was prepared to walk out with the arcam if it sounded better to me.
denon ok but seemed missing something.
arcam , better , nice and smooth.
nad, definately my favourite. warm, yet punchy, and emotionally engaging. i realised it really is down to our own ears and feelings.
i loved the arcam remote control, but it was the sound i was comparing.
the best bit is the non dab can be had for £189 including delivery with free 2gb memory stick and cd cleaner !
i can use the saved money and get a nice mountain bike or nice holiday :)

nad, definately my favourite. warm, yet punchy, and emotionally engaging. i realised it really is down to our own ears and feelings.
i loved the arcam remote control, but it was the sound i was comparing.
the best bit is the non dab can be had for £189 including delivery with free 2gb memory stick and cd cleaner !
i can use the saved money and get a nice mountain bike or nice holiday :)

I agree, recieved my replacement on wednesday, havn't yet had a great deal of time to really listen to it but first impressions are very good. I am using it with QED silver micro and Mordaunt Short 902's. I also opted for the non dab version at £189 with the cd cleaner and memory stick. :smashin:

Anyone else have any input?

The non-DAB version looks quite appealing for a simple two-room setup but information and/or demos seem quite difficult to get hold of.

Anyone else have any input?

The non-DAB version looks quite appealing for a simple two-room setup but information and/or demos seem quite difficult to get hold of.

bump, anyone seen a review or bought one of these please? any idea how it pairs with monitor audio br2's ?? or how the nad c715 pairs with the br2's???

thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom