Question Marantz - is it a bad choice

OrdinaryClown

Novice Member
Im thinking of buying Marantz SR5013 for my monitor audio silver 50 setup. I mostly watch movie no music.
Do you guys think it a bad buy for my setup? The local dealer think i should buy sr7012 for 340dollars more.

Thoughts, plz advise me.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Marantz as such isn't a bad choice, but the SR5013 wouldn't be the best. You'd probably get better value by buying the DEnon AVRX2500 as opposed to the Marantz SR5013. They are both basically the same AV receiver, but you'd be paying a premium for the Marantz name.

A better Marantz option woulf be the heavilly discounted SR6012 from last year which is a better 9 channel receiver than either the X2500 or the SR5013.

I'd also suggest the SR7012 as being a very good option as long as you are not paying over the odds for one?

Last edited:

OrdinaryClown

Novice Member
Marantz as such isn't a bad choice, but the SR5013 wouldn't be the best. You'd probably get bet value by buying the DEnon AVRX2500 as opposed to the Marantz SR5013. They are both basically the same AV receiver, but you'd be paying a premium for the Marantz name.

A better Marantz option woulf be the heavilly discounted SR6012 from last year which is a better 9 channel receiver than either the X2500 or the SR5013.

I'd also suggest the SR7012 as being a very good option as long as you are not paying over the odds for one?
Thnx for the reply, i think i Will go for the 7012 then

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom