1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marantz DV9600 set-up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wingnut1, Oct 25, 2005.

1. wingnut1

wingnut1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am finally receiving delivery of the DV9600 and as i am aware of all the connections that are possible to connect it to my SR9600 amp and PDP436xde screen, i wonder if i could have some professional advice on this.

1. The best way to connect HDMI, either direct to media box or through the amp.
    2. I listen to alot of music (DVD audio and SACD) and therefore i will need to either connect Firewire or analogue as HDMI 1.1 will not carry SACD.
    3. For DD and DTS can i use any of the above to cut down on cables and having to switch inputs.
    4. Although i would like to reduce the amount of cables i do not won't to compromise with inferior connections and therefore i am looking for the optimum set-up.

many regards for your responses in advance.

2. Bluedan

Bluedan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To help with connection reduction. I would recomend connecting HDMI from your DV9600 to the SR9600 then to your media box. This will then carry your DD/DTS signal.

By combining the DV9600 with the SR9600 you take take advantage of one of the best features of the Marantz, connect via Firewire and you should get perfect playback of SA-CD as the Marantz' have a flow rate control that remove any jitter you can get using Firewire for SA-CD.

That should give you the perfect set up with the minimum amount of fuss and connections.

3. akcampbell

akcampbell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wingnut1 where did you buy your DV9600 from? When are you expecting delivery? Thanks.

4. wingnut1

wingnut1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Thanks Bluedan for your advice.

5. wingnut1

wingnut1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Hi akcampbell, i bought the DV9600 from bluestream audio who have supplied all of my equipment and i'm expecting delivery by the end of the week. I think i have one of the first players as it has been on order for a good few months and marantz have been very vague as to the release date.

6. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I'm so jealous :D :rolleyes:

My SR7500, DV7600 combo is awesome, so the SR9600/DV9600 combo must be on another planet :D lurrrrvly setup :) :smashin: :smashin: :clap:

7. akcampbell

akcampbell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks wingnut1. Ordered one this morning.