1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz DV8300 Universal Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clintonf, Oct 19, 2005.

1. clintonf

clintonf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Good morning all,

I'm considering selling my Marantz DV8300 Universal Player (SACD/DVD-A/DVD-V) and cables (all Chord Chorus and Signature). Can anyone suggest a suitable selling price for the player itself (as I really have no idea).

I've had the player for around 2.5 years, but it's hardly been used. The condition is around 9/10 and it's boxed with instructions. In addition, I've paid to have the item made Multi-Regional. A review of the player is Here.

Thanks

Clint

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I'd probably say about £300, it is in a similar class to todays Denon 3910 + 2910 but without the newer features such as HDMI/DVI or upscaling.

I think these were around the £1000 mark when first released, and are probably very similar to the Pioneer 757 but with better stereo audio capability.

You may have to accept less due to its age though.

What are you thinking of going for next? The Marantz DV7600 I recently purchased is superb :D :smashin:

3. clintonf

clintonf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks Kazman, I figured it would be low but not that low!!! I paid £1300 for it (and that's with discount). In additon I paid to have it made multi-region (had to send it to Marantz UK).

I think I may keep (not entirely sure). Regarding my next move. I'm quite happy with my stereo setup (MF Nuvista CD) so i'd not be looking to upgrade anytime soon.

I've got around 20 SACD/DVD-A disks but I can't remember the last time I used them, so at best i'd use it as a DVD Player. However, i'm still using an Arcam DV88 as my main player so it's really not used. It seems that my cables will go for more than the player. I'm wounded :suicide: , but thanks for your input.

Clint