1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz DV7600 HDMI PLAYER

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by srodwell, Aug 5, 2005.

1. srodwell

srodwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Marantz DV7600 HDMI PLAYER

I have ben looking for a HDMI player for a couple of months now and decided to go for the Marantz DV7600. What a mechine. The picture is chrisper and the colour more defined then Denon DVD-2010. The Marantz blows it out of the water when when playing music and I would say its as good as the Arcam DV79.

The DV79 my 1st choice but at £999 and the Marantz came in at £520 on special offer..So it was a no brainier.

The Arcams use to be in a league of their own. but not any more.

WOW is all have to say. believe me its worth spending the extra.

The reason I went for the Marantz over the Denon was mainly due to their instant replacement service that you get with Marantz not like Denon were you have to send it back and wait and wait and so on.

The DV7600 will handle DVD, CD, CD-Rs/RWs MP3, WMA and JPEG, and the higher-spec DV6600 offers all this as well as DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD and DivX playback

This universal DVD player is an ideal solution for enjoying ultimate high-quality home entertainment. It includes many of the same features and benefits as the company's flagship DV9500, including an HDMI interface for a direct digital connection, video scaling circuitry capable of outputting video signals to 720p and 1080i, and 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection. For optimum image quality the DV7600 features 216MHz/12-bit video D/A converters, true 10-bit video processing plus Marantz's proprietary HDAM (High Definition Amplifier Module) output stages. Reflecting Marantz's heritage as a legendary audio company, the DV7600 also features some of the world's most advanced audio technologies, such as leading-edge 192 kHz/24-bit audio D/A converters and full bass management for DVD-Audio and SACD discs. The DV7600 also offers a “Pure Direct” mode for use as an audio-only playback component, ensuring audiophile sound quality without EMI interference from the advanced video circuitry.

Rgds
    Steve

2. BeStu

BeStu
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get one at this price?

3. squibbly

squibbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    And why do you sound like an employee of Marantz? :)

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just going to say the same thing squibbly lol

5. bannani

bannani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can we get 576i through the Hdmi output to feed a scaler?? like the 868 does.

Thanks

PS : You can check it in the menu

6. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I have been fancying one of these but I would prefer a little more objective view ;-)

7. squibbly

squibbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ditto. It does sound like it could be a good machine (Yamaha SD2500 also looks interesting), but there are precious few opinions out there so far.

However Marantz don't seem to allow internet selling, so I tend to think you should get more for your money buying another brand more discounted on the net (though this isn't necessarily the case).

Squibbly

8. srodwell

srodwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a telecoms Director and I don't work for Marantz.. Its just a good machine plain and simple...

You can pick this up via from http://www.bluestreamav.com/shop/dvd/ for £520 including shipping....

I paid for it on Tuesday, they called weds say it would be delived on Thursday and it arrived on Thursday.. GOOD SERVICE

You will need to call them to order...

Regards

Steve Rodwell

9. monotone

monotone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Instant replacement?

You must be joking... I waited over 12 months before Marantz admitted their SA12-S1 design was flawed and compensated me nothing close to the price of the SA12-S1 (only functional for 12 months). They even tried to justify the SA12-S1 is today's DV-4500 (to minimise compensation?)

And while waiting for the replacement, their DV4300 faulted too.

Might be bad timing, but Marantz was not apologetic at all.

In principle, after 12 month's wait & numerous wasted trips to their service centre... their compensation came too late and will be my last piece of item from them.

10. crank

crank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :devil: Well theres always one that throws an iron in the works.....just when i was about to cancell my order of the denon 2910 and order one of these instead:my fault so F***ING indecisive :suicide: