Marantz DV7600 Audio setup - low Bass

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Arthurh, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Arthurh

Arthurh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Marantz DV7600. A good DVD player in audio and video quality (although I am using Component Video output at 480p as my TV doesn´t have HDMI :( ).
    I configured the video and audio setup (I hope properly).

When using 2-channel audio output the Bass volume in subwoofer (connected to my Denon Receiver) is OK.
    But when using the 5.1 audio output connected to Ext.In. of my Receiver (for multichannel DVD or SACD) the Bass level at the subwoofer is too low.
    I have already changed the Ext.In subwoofer level in my Receiver to +5dB or +10dB to try to compensate this effect (as well as tried to increase Subwoofer level in DV600 audio setup), but Bass is still low in the Subwoofer, for multichannel.
    Note: I am not using Digital audio out, as need the 5.1 analog audio out for SACD.

Has anyone noticed this effect on any similar player and was able to fix it ?

Thanks and best regards,
    Arthur.

2. Arthurh

Arthurh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No info or reply ?

DV7600 owners: have you compared subwoofer level for 5.1 out x 2-ch or digital out ?

Regards,
    Arthur.