1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz DV4500!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GFS AV, Feb 21, 2005.

1. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received my Marantz DV4500 today, and have to say I am over the mooooon! I have tried so many DVD players over the last two years:-

In order:

Pioneer DV550 - sent away twice for same fault :mad:
    NAD T512 - poor build, poor picture (good sound though) :(
    Cambridge Audio Azur 540D - some subtitles refused to play :(
    Denon DVD-1400 - picture quality not up to much, overpriced :rolleyes:
    Denon DVD-1910 - again, not happy with pix, also poorly built! :(
    Yamaha DVD-S540 - great pic and build, but POOR sound :(

So... as you can see I am VERY releaved to have found a machine that is VERY good in every area :clap:

For a £200 unit, the Marantz is excellent. Although the unit is fairly light, the finish and build quality is superb. The sound is excellent, with CDs too, and the picture :eek: unbelievable for the money - and this is only through RGB scart! I'd love to see this through Prog Scan!!

Anybody looking to spend this kind of money, JUST BUY IT!! :rotfl:

2. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks we have all been waiting for you to tell us what to go out and buy!So you can be sure we will all be rushing around to buy what you consider the best for our £200,(dont think so ) Thanks but for my £100 the Limit 900se sounds better is built better, looks better and its picture is as good, I know because i reviewed a marantz over the weekend , took it back this morning not as good as the Limit most noticable playing cds , Knew i would be taking it back but wanted to see if it was as good/bad as my old marantz dvd.and worth selling the Limit and keeping the marantz well in my opinion its on par with my old marantz but no better and your right very cheap build ,well the exercice was worth it for me andit proved a point, the limit has it all for £100, but like you im sure only in my opinion. Abnett. ;)

3. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl:

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,427
    Click. This is an automated message from the forum software. The AV Forums obnoxiousness filter has flagged your post above as being 'quite obnoxious' and has imposed a 3 day posting ban. Please avoid tripping the filter again as the ban length is exponential.