1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz DV4400 rephrase

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by zero1seven, May 14, 2004.

1. zero1seven

zero1seven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of getting a Marantz DV4400 and wondered if anyone in has any comments on them? There were no reviews on this model however there was a post on this forum regarding the DV4400, but no one seem to know anything about this DVD player.

Any advice would be most appreciate

2. zero1seven

zero1seven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not one single comment? :lease:

3. DFL

DFL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just wrote this reply and realised its over a year late!!!! anyway I'll let it stay in case anyone out there is looking at the budget end of things.

Hi Zero1seven,

I am in the market to buy a new dvd player. there are some threads here which suggest this isn't a great buy. For a start the previous model had prog scan, and for some reason the 4400 doesn't. It moved away from the slim line back to a chunkoer model. I know nothing of the PQ ro Audio, but have always been a fan of Marantz hardware. I have the 4100OSE which I thought was great and I pair it with a Marantz SR4300.

I have a feeling, just looking at RS stuff and then finding reviews, is that the Cambridge 540Azur is a nice machine (no DVI), don't go for CA DVD79 (has DVI -some problems creeping in), or Pioneer 575.

Just in my linited research, if you've got a TV which has a DVI input, this is going to give you the best PQ. The only budget machine to so is CA DVD79. But it's not meant to be a great player. No reviews yet, its a lip synching porblem i read in these threads.

Otherwise go for a machine which does composite well. So again entry models like CA and Marantz and Pioneer. For me I have no real interest in DVD A or SACD from my dvd machine (Yet!). But I'm pretty ****** off at Marantz for including prog scan in the 4500 and 4300 model but not the 4400.

Summary of my 2 cents. Choose something else. Even though I've already ordered this in, after my research, it's going back. However, what I'll actually get I still don't know, Let us know how you get on.