1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz DV4300 deinterlacer used?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by timlloyd, May 17, 2003.

1. timlloyd

timlloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This player supposedly does Pal-PS, Home Cinema Choice have a great review of it in the July issue and state it performs well above it's review price of £310 in terms of picture quality.

Unfortunately it makes no reference to it's progressive scan capability, does anyone know what deinterlacer the 4300 uses and what it's like hooked up to a Sanyo Z1 PJ?

I'va heard suggestions it could be based on a pihilips Q50 which if the case will use a Faroudja 2200, can anyone confirm this?

2. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I'm still looking for a reasonably priced pal prog solution (without spending over £500 on an iScan ultra), does anyone now have an answer to tim's question?

Cheers,
    Cal.

3. Coot

Coot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I got a 4300 yesterday and am running it through a Z1 via component.

Only had chance to try a few disc's ( kids caught me setting it up so had to watch shrek, a bit of monsters inc. and a bit of Finding Nemo ).

Its always hard to say if its better than what your used to ( I was using a tosh 220 previously ) without running side by side but first impressions show the picture to be very smooth and bright ( Nemo was very nice, visibly better than the 220 ) and the sound seems a lot more crisper ( running through a Yamaha 630 and Mission FS-AV2 flat panel thingies )

If you want ( and are still interested in the 4300 ) I can run some more tests and try some piccies for you.

Cheers,

Pete.

4. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    i believe the marantz decks are pioneer clones except for audio.

hence they probaly have same deinterlacers as the pioneer decks

(this is definately the case with the 8300/8400)

5. ant1973

ant1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at my thread from Monday - Marantz confirmed that the 4300 does not use faroudja. The chap I spoke to said that the chip used by them (he wouldn't cofirm what it was ) wasn't as good.