1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz DV 8300

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by G.M, May 20, 2002.

1. G.M

G.M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Going through this months HiFi Choice came across a piece of
    news about the Marantz DV8300. It's a universal player to rival
    the Pioneer 747. Anyone know how much it's going to cost and
    whether it's multi-region or hackable?
    regards,
    G.M.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm guessing here but based on the model numbering and the feature set, this is the next one up from the 6200 - which retails at £500 - therefore this should be about £600-£700. I'd imagine the CD playback and AV sound will be the best features, as with most Marantz players.

3. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Wishful thinking I'm afraid - http://www.homecinemaheaven.com/index.htm quote £1499 for a multi region one.

They are the only ones listing it so others might do it for less but we're still going to be talking £1K plus I'd say.

Sounds like a great machine though - it does everything, and if it can do everything really well (i.e. better than the 747A) then it could be the player many of us have been waiting for.

Matt.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thing is, will the inclusion of SACD DACs, not to mention lens assemblies capable of reading SACDs, shift much of the cost of the unit away from the important stuff - namely DV p/s quality?

Although this unit is supposed to have a 14-bit 108MHz DAC isn't it?

5. DRC

DRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Justin@UH

Justin@UH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Thats the "Official" price price Matt, I cannot really confirm the actual price we`ll sell it for, as Marantz have not confirmed trade price yet so cannot set a realistic price - i`d say expect it to be about £1299. marantz don`t like discounting on their products either, especially on the high end products:(

However, its based on a Pioneer DV747 anyway. I think i`d either buy a DV747 or get the new Pioneer DV656A due Sept for under £400, which is SACD and DVD-A (if you don`t need prog -scan that is).

hope the info helps.