Marantz dv 6500 over Pioneer 575 with Marantz sr 7500

jazzman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i just bought a marantz sr 7500 finally and i have a Pioneer 575 which i can sell around 250 usd i was wondering if it would be worth to sell the pioneer and go with the Marantz sr 6500 matching with the receiver.

Well i assume the marantz sr 6500 is better then the Pioneer which seems to be a bang for the buck but is it worth the aditional 200 usd (i can get marantz dv 6500 around 460 usd)

One of the advantages will be a matching brand that might integrate with the receiver and the use of a single remote.

Any opinion will be highly appreciated 50/50 music and movies.

Well there is one more option which is wait auntil summertime and buy a denon 2910 or even better 3910 until my budget allows it.

thanks in advance
best regards
:hiya:

Jazzman, do you mind giving me your opinion on the sr7500 for movies and how it compares with models from other brands - Denon etc.

i havent received it yet it should make it to the office on monday and i will have it installed and cabled up probably within next week so no comments yet but i can tell you that i will be using it with an infocus x1 PJ ans still dont have no decent speakers but from what i have heard and read it competes with the denon 3805 most of the people favour the denon 3805 eventhough it is a little more expensive however i choose the Marantz due to the fact that i was going to listen music a lot and i dont know why i always had something for the marantz brand. So no expereince yet and when i will it will defenitly not be a very professional opinion.

But i will let you know the picture quality however also depands on your dvd player i assume

Upgrade King

Search for Kazman's recent review of his SR7500.

jazzman

I too have been looking at this combination for music and movies as i want to amalgamate both my current systems to one.

IMO the dv6500 will give you superior stereo sound over the pioneer, it also has DVD-A and SACD capabilities and won a recent home cinema magazine test over a £600 denon and pioneer.

Don't know if a fire wire is available the link both for all functions, but one remote would be nice :smashin:

Currently trying to arrange a demo

Cheers,Tam

So you would encourage me to sell the present pioneer 575 for 250 bucks and go for the marantz by putting 200bucks on top, i wonder however which denon ti beat on that reveiw do you have that review i have extremely hard time finding any reviews on the dv 6500 i know the downsides meaning no digital video conection if thats it, for the moment it wont bother me since my pj nor my av receiver has it, i might shortly upgrade to sr 8500 however but i stil have speakers to buy probably quad L series.

Yep, not sure about your prices, £100 here new for the 575 pioneer and £400 for the DV6500.......................IMO the marantz is in a diff league to the pioneer with regard to music.

I''l get the mag at work tomorrow and post a link of the review hopefully, they were the pioneer DV-668AV and the Denon DVD-2910.

Ebay have the Marantz SR8500 and 7500 for sale from the far east for importing.

Cheers,Tam

tamthetim said:
Yep, not sure about your prices, £100 here new for the 575 pioneer and £400 for the DV6500.......................IMO the marantz is in a diff league to the pioneer with regard to music.

I''l get the mag at work tomorrow and post a link of the review hopefully, they were the pioneer DV-668AV and the Denon DVD-2910.

Ebay have the Marantz SR8500 and 7500 for sale from the far east for importing.

Cheers,Tam

Well then in this case it seems that i am gettin g a pretty good bargain if i were to pay 460 usd for the marantz and sell my 575 for 250 usd thanks

i will really apreciate if you could just give that link for the review

best regards
kerim
:D

Just my 2 cents:

Although the DV6500 is much better in audio than the Pioneer, I think that in terms of video quality it might be on par. As for the remote question, the SR7500 has a full learning remote control that will have no problem in controlling your pioneer.

As for me, I would change to the Marantz just to have matching looks :D

M.

miguelbarroso said:
Just my 2 cents:

Although the DV6500 is much better in audio than the Pioneer, I think that in terms of video quality it might be on par. As for the remote question, the SR7500 has a full learning remote control that will have no problem in controlling your pioneer.

As for me, I would change to the Marantz just to have matching looks :D

M.

thanks miguel
since i have started to nuy some dvd audio's i think it may be better to get the marantz i wish i could get the 7600 but it is almost twice the price

I read that review today.

The Marantz dv6500 won the review, above the denon 2910 ;) , a Pioneer and a H/K
And in video too, it won 5 star only lacking digital video out... ;)

They say it can match a real 200£ or more CD player ... not bad at all... :devil:
The only one praised for music playback... :thumbsup:

Hi there,

What month did that review came out?

M.

I've read today in a newspaper/magazine shop...

Falp said:
I've read today in a newspaper/magazine shop...

if you still have that review we would love you to post it here if it is not against the rules of the forum or send it to through private message

Beware of magazine reviews, they said the Piooneer DV575A was better than a Sony DVPNS930V, I've got both at home and the Pioneer is a budget machine with block noise and low definition audio, the 930 has a far smother picture with no atifacts visible at all by comparison. Perhaps the reviewer wasn't using RGB scart to a 100hz "old fashioned" TV set.

The Sony has a superior digital output as well, ONLY the analogue output is comparable. The Pioneer 575 is a budget machine and all magazine ravings should be considered in the light of its low price. Pioneer have no product offering in the mid range until the 668 model so you have to either spend the money or get Denon/Marantz.

There seems to be a gap in the market created by sales of DVD recorders.

I have owned three different models of Marantz DVD players for a total of 5 different machines & 12 service visits (kept on getting no lemon exchanges), I now own a Denon DVD-2200. (the only problem with my Denon is it has a hard time with DVD's I record)
The Denon is so far superior to the Marantz in picture quality, sound quality, no visable layer change, quality of build, etc, that it amazed me.
I own an older SR5200 & wanted to keep the same name components, but the Marantz kept failing.
Please test drive the two before you make your final choice!
My experience with Marantz has not been good.
Hope this helps.

Ivanhoe42day said:
I have owned three different models of Marantz DVD players for a total of 5 different machines & 12 service visits (kept on getting no lemon exchanges), I now own a Denon DVD-2200. (the only problem with my Denon is it has a hard time with DVD's I record)
The Denon is so far superior to the Marantz in picture quality, sound quality, no visable layer change, quality of build, etc, that it amazed me.
I own an older SR5200 & wanted to keep the same name components, but the Marantz kept failing.
Please test drive the two before you make your final choice!
My experience with Marantz has not been good.
Hope this helps.

Well i will take your experience into consideration among the other fellows who kindly posted on this thread however unfortunatly i do no have the means to test both products side by side but i ackowledge that some people in the forums state that marantz is not as good as denon when it comes to dvd playback but for audio sound everybody seems to agree on the opposite, there is another consideration which is the denon that is to be compared to the marantz dv 6500 which is 50% more less pricier the the denon .
The denon retails around 900 usd where as the marantz is around 500 usd.

thanks to everybody and keep on the good hand out that you give to the newbies like me please.

all the best
kerim

I did an audio comparison of the DV6400, Denon DVD2200 and DVD2900 and found the Marantz the equal in SQ (though not PQ) of the DVD2900 and better than the 2200. Here in Canada, at the time I was shopping, MSRP was DV6400--799C$, DVD2200--C$1195 and DVD2900--C$1895. As I don't have prog scan capable TV, you can probably see why I bought the Marantz. I've had it ten months and haven't had any problems (it does have a minor glitch whereby playing a non-MCH SACD causes the player to default back to 2.0--so the next time a MCH SACDdisc goes in, I have to reset it or it will play the stereo layer. This can be fixed with a firmware upgrade but I haven't bothered. It only affected a limited run of DV6400s and the DV6500 doesn't have this issue). SQ, especially with SACD, is (IMO, of course) fantastic.

Lately, on this side of the pond, the Yamaha C750 has been getting raves for audio performance, and it's a fair bit less costly. Might also be worth checking out. Don't know anything about its PQ.

thanks for thee feedback to all of you

Ovation said:
I did an audio comparison of the DV6400, Denon DVD2200 and DVD2900 and found the Marantz the equal in SQ (though not PQ) of the DVD2900 and better than the 2200. Here in Canada, at the time I was shopping, MSRP was DV6400--799C$, DVD2200--C$1195 and DVD2900--C$1895. As I don't have prog scan capable TV, you can probably see why I bought the Marantz. I've had it ten months and haven't had any problems (it does have a minor glitch whereby playing a non-MCH SACD causes the player to default back to 2.0--so the next time a MCH SACDdisc goes in, I have to reset it or it will play the stereo layer. This can be fixed with a firmware upgrade but I haven't bothered. It only affected a limited run of DV6400s and the DV6500 doesn't have this issue). SQ, especially with SACD, is (IMO, of course) fantastic.

Lately, on this side of the pond, the Yamaha C750 has been getting raves for audio performance, and it's a fair bit less costly. Might also be worth checking out. Don't know anything about its PQ.

Can anyone tell me if there's any difference in the video section of the Marantz DV4500 vs DV6500?

I'm beggining to think that paying extra money (more than twice) only for SACD and DVD-A DAC's is not worth it... :cool:

sincerely i hope there is a difference but i would love the have the input on that subject anybody who has the informaiton pls feel free to jump in :)

Falp said:
Can anyone tell me if there's any difference in the video section of the Marantz DV4500 vs DV6500?

I'm beggining to think that paying extra money (more than twice) only for SACD and DVD-A DAC's is not worth it... :cool:

I know this thread might be dead, but I'm interested in the Marantz DVD 7600. I noticed the review you were talking about. You can get the Group Test review, where the Marantz DVD 6500 beats its DVI/HDMI wielding competitors Denon and Pioneer & Harmon Kardon, from the European Marantz website. If you goto the DVD players and select the Marantz DVD 6500 you will see a tab which says "reviews". Infact there are 2 different ones in pdf format. I have to say though, I am tempted by the 7600 because of the HDMI output. Hope this helps.

Darren Lui said:
I know this thread might be dead, but I'm interested in the Marantz DVD 7600. I noticed the review you were talking about. You can get the Group Test review, where the Marantz DVD 6500 beats its DVI/HDMI wielding competitors Denon and Pioneer & Harmon Kardon, from the European Marantz website. If you goto the DVD players and select the Marantz DVD 6500 you will see a tab which says "reviews". Infact there are 2 different ones in pdf format. I have to say though, I am tempted by the 7600 because of the HDMI output. Hope this helps.

thanks a lot daren very late reply from my side but thanks again

i actually bought the dv 6500 and i am happy with it but i was still considering to buy a cd 7300 for cd playback only, but i am troubled wheather i should buy the cd player or just upgrade my dvd player to a dv 7600
any opinion on that ?
cheers

Does anyone here have an opinion on the DV6600? How does it look, on paper, compared to the DV6500? I'm thinking of getting one as soon as they're in stock. Not really interested in the digital video out, just want to add DVD-A and SACD and have a good music output from it.

jazzman said:
thanks a lot daren very late reply from my side but thanks again

i actually bought the dv 6500 and i am happy with it but i was still considering to buy a cd 7300 for cd playback only, but i am troubled wheather i should buy the cd player or just upgrade my dvd player to a dv 7600
any opinion on that ?
cheers

I compared the dv6400 vs the cd 7300 on a SR7400 and:

Same sound personality and sonic signature.

cd 7300: more air, more space, more breath

I would prefer to add an used external DAC to the DVD player. (ebay?)

But the 6400 is very good on it's own... I would be happy with it (with the Marantz receiver dacs)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom