1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz Dlp Projector Vp12-s4

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nautilus-Sye, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nautilus-Sye

Nautilus-Sye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heres some specs from the new marantz projector. It is available from Dec 2004, the price is not £5000.00 or £8700.00 but the actual price is £8999.90. The contrast ratio is still the same of 3800:1 as someone left a thread saying it was 4000:1. This is what is says in the new manual quote:
    DLP Projector,16:9, DMD HD2+ chip (1280x720 pixels),700 ANSI lm,>3800:1 contrast ratio,200W SHP Lamp,projector distance:1.5m-14.0m,10-bit VXP video processing,new lens with throw distance 4.0-5.3m (100"),selectable IRIS,wide lens shift range,O.R.C.A. filter,sealed optical path, 2xHDMI input,RC.
    Available end of 2004. Price again £8999.90. This is all the information i have at the moment, but as soon as i have some more i will post it. There is no mention of a wheel that spins more, the colour wheel still spins the same.

It also has a sealed optical path and double sealed cabinet structure, custom made reference setting optics and also the colour of the projector looks cream and silver may be a bad photo but this is what is looks like to
    me. :clap:

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Nautilus-Sye,

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You will notice that there's already a thread open on news about the Marantz S4. I'm sure you're pleased to have received the brochure/manual/whatever for the S4, but it doesn't need two new threads imo. Large coloured text might seem novel, but having attained no reaction to normal text, it's unlikley that the same message (more or less ?) in large red letters is going to prompt a reaction, other than this one, politely pointing out that multiple posts on the same topic are against the rules of the forum, and opening a new thread on an already existing topic is considered poor etiquette. It just makes work for a mod who has to delete/merge your threads.

Hope you enjoy your times here at the forum, lots of interesting information, opinions etc. - good reading material, always a good option before posting......

Sean G.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi & welcome Nautilus-Sye.

No real need for duplicate posts/threads so I'm closing this (leaving your other thread open).

:smoke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.