Marantz Deal

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Treadstone, Dec 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Treadstone

Treadstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Don't know if I should be posting this, but if not Mods will probably slap my wrists and remove it.
    A popular auction site is at the moment listing a Marantz SR4001 Receiver + DV6600 DVD/ SACD player for £429.99 BIN. That's one cheap deal if anyone's interested! Check out retail prices. I'm not connected in any way with the seller.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    £200 cheaper than i found a couple of decent sites listing both items....

which means if its second hand then its not a bargain, its simply reasonably value depending on state of product......

if its brand new being sold by a shop then its a grey import as apparently at least one of the items is not allowed to be sold mail order......which makes it less of a good deal because if there is a fault its got to go back to a foreign country for repair....

anyhow, thankyou for not actually linking to it....i'll leave this here for now :)

edit: also not as cheap as £35 needs to be added for PnP........says UK Sourced....doesnt say UK product.....personally i'd be suspicious....

edit2: feedback seems very positive....but i dont use ebay myself so not sure how to read in to it......also hasnt been trading all that long.....still be worried that at least one of the products shouldnt be mail ordered....

3. Treadstone

Treadstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Well, in for a penny...... I took a chance on this, and it arrived this morning. I made an offer of £400 + £20 delivery, and I must say that first impressions are, for the money, its the dogs. UK guarantee cards, so it appears to be kosher. If anybody's after 6-700 quids worth of kit for £400, it gets my vote, and they've just been re-listed.:thumbsup: :)
    Forgot to mention that the HDMI does 5.1 audio, so no more toslink.