Marantz CR603 - New speakers temptation but what to go for?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by peritus, Dec 24, 2011.

1. peritus

peritus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Im tempted to upgrade my BX5's but not sure what to go for...

I've listened to so many speakers this year and liked a lot but also didn't like a good few as well (Epos, Kef, Dali etc...)

The speakers need to be floorstanders and easy to drive. Common sense says that the upgrade path would be to the likes of: B&W 684's, M/A RX6's, QUAD 22L2's, Acoustic Energy Neo 4's etc...

Budget will be £300-400 absolute max on top of what I'd get for my BX5's (c£400 I'd say as they're immaculate, boxed and just 6 months old).

Any other suggestions? :)

2. DIBSTER

DIBSTER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    When I had my M-CR603 earlier in the year, I had mine running a pair of Epos M22i floorstanders. I really liked the combination, and chose the Epos over Mission and Monitor Audio that I demoed at the time. As well as sounding the best, they looked so much classier to my eyes at least.

If I read you right you're not keen on Epos? Just shows, that we all have different tastes and views.

3. peritus

peritus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Nope; never got on with Epos and for my tastes in music I'd never rate them higher than the likes of M/A or B&W speakers...

Be interesting to hear if anyone has heard the speakers I've mentioned with the CR603 as unfortunately I havent as I only heard the above speakers with the NAD/Rega separates system I had earlier this year before I downsized to the Marantz

4. peritus

peritus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Any one else with any thoughts/feedback re the above speakers and the CR603?