1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz Cd7300

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by ronnim, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ronnim

ronnim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :smashin: Hey guys . Has enyone experienced working with the MARANTZ CD7300 (cd player) ? I am considering buying one and would love to recieve
    reviews/evaluations/recommendations , etc .

BYE+CHEERS

2. girliedrinker

girliedrinker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one. Had a Marantz CD player for 10 years until it packed up last year. Replaced it with this after reading several favourable reviews.

Audio is excellent and has some fine features such as CD Text, can play CD-RW discs (and discs which haven't been finalised), also CDs filled with MP3 files can be played. Optical and Co-ax digital o/p too.

Only gripes seem to be processor based, eg. I have a few CDs with hidden tracks BEFORE track 1, which I believe is a breach of the red book standard anyway, but this player cannot access the hidden tracks. I've also noticed that playback is cut short by a second or two at the end of a disc, but it's only noticable if there is audio right to the end of the CD. Most discs end with a couple of seconds silence anyway so it's not a major problem. Very very occasionally CDRs won't read properly upon insertion but this is solved by ejecting and loading again.

Mostly very pleased with it. My last Marantz (a CD 52 special edition I think) was great but I paid the same price for the CD7300, which sounds better on even my modest system, has loads of extra functions, has faster disc access and is much less chunky! I bought mine almost 6 months ago in Richer Sounds for £250-ish, down from an RRP of £350-ish.

3. ronnim

ronnim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELLO GIRLIEDRINKER

Thank you for the enlighting review on the MARANTZ CD7300 .

I allready own a professional MARANTZ cd player (the PMD331) , a fabulous machine

but needed an additional review on the cd7300 .

If you wish to contact me regarding HIFI (I am an audiofile) this is my email :

ronnim99@netvision.net.il

CHEERS

RONNIE

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Ronnim, I would think carefuly before leaving open e.mail addy's on the Forum, most people are honest, down to earth souls, but anyone can read your addy and SPAM and viruses might be yours for the keeping ! just a thought. Your better off using the Forums private mail facility and let only close, trusted members have your private addy.