1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz CD7300 issue

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by hangleton, Sep 28, 2005.

1. hangleton

hangleton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a Marantz CD7300 for a while now, and I've noticed a couple of issues.

1. When playing MP3 CDs, it frequently just stops playing part way through the disc. No error message, nothing. Just stops at the end of a track and doesn't carry on to the next one. I guess it could be the discs (most I have are Verbatim), but it they play fine in my other players. Very frustrating.

2. It seems to get quite confused when switching discs. Particularly, when removing an MP3 disc and inserting an audio one, it will often assume the disc is a data one and will refuse to play. Powering the player on/off sorts it out.

Anybody else come across these issues? Is there maybe a firmware upgrade available that I need?

Thanks in advance

Andy.

2. CosmosD

CosmosD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The only issue that I have had was with CD's burnt via PC. I can only put this down to either compatability of the type of disc used or the burner. Having since upgraded the burner I have not had any problems.