Quantcast

Question Marantz CD6006 Using USB Port

Garrett

Just got the Marantz CD6006 player the other day and got it to replace and old CD player thats developed a fault. Anyway saw it will play files of a USB stick and although something I extremely rarely do stuck some tracks on a usb stick and put it in the player, but I don't seem to have any control over whats tracks played. It plays the same order every time and cant even skip tracks.
I been using this and more or less pressed every button on the remote but to know avail.
Im I doing something wrong if so what or is it the player?

Thanks in advance for and helpful advice.
Garrett

peter312

Garrett

Last edited:

peter312

Having had a quick search on google, I gather the USB port is a simple playback facility and only operates at a very basic level. Perhaps try another USB stick or see if the controls on the unit itself have any effect.

sorry I can’t be any more help.

Jaded1

Press the enter button on the remote, then the < Arrow. This will list the files in the folder. Scroll up or down and select the required track.

Does that help?

Garrett

Press the enter button on the remote, then the < Arrow. This will list the files in the folder. Scroll up or down and select the required track.

Does that help?
Noi t goes to the same track, but I read the format of the stick has to be FAT16 or Fat32 and looking at the property of the stick its just showing FAT.

Going to transfer the files and reformat the USB and see if that works.

Its no biggy as who wants MP3 when you got something that plays CDs so brilliantly(well have stuff on the computer you can't get hold of to play on the CD player and would like to hear though the hi fi).

Garrett

Reformatted and got Check FS and wont play at all.
check FS.jpg

but put the tracks on an other stick I really don't want music on and typical played and was able to use the jump track facility.

Jaded1

I have no idea what's happening with yours. I have some 2000 files on USB and when I can't decide what to listen to I put these on shuffle. It's a pretty a handy thing to have to hand.