• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Marantz CD6002 or Denon DCD-700AE or other?

andyfr

We are thinking about getting a new CD player to replace an old Marantz CD65, it's not that it doesn't work or anything but as it's over 20 years old and doesn't have a remote control we thought it was about time to change it.

The rest of the system is a Sugden A28 II amp and Mission 700 speakers. We have short listed the above two based on our criteria of being available in black and around 28cm deep.

Now before you suggest going and having a listen at a dealer I should point out that we are near Inverness and the only dealers there are a Panasonic or a Sony shop. We could go to Edinburgh but it's about 3 hours drive and at this time of year, not very enjoyable.

Which player would be the best with our system and will there be an improvement over the old player?

All your help appreciated. :)

Ricky27

Hi, go for the marantz, always good quality gear.

I have the 5001 and cant fault it.

shep1968

We are thinking about getting a new CD player to replace an old Marantz CD65, it's not that it doesn't work or anything but as it's over 20 years old and doesn't have a remote control we thought it was about time to change it.

The rest of the system is a Sugden A28 II amp and Mission 700 speakers. We have short listed the above two based on our criteria of being available in black and around 28cm deep.

Now before you suggest going and having a listen at a dealer I should point out that we are near Inverness and the only dealers there are a Panasonic or a Sony shop. We could go to Edinburgh but it's about 3 hours drive and at this time of year, not very enjoyable.

Which player would be the best with our system and will there be an improvement over the old player?

All your help appreciated. :)

Just bought the CD6002 with a rotel ra-05 amp and B&W 685 sepakers. Lovely sound to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom