1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz CD6000 vs Arcam CD62

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Sunday Ironfoot, Jan 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was comparing these two CD players and had my heart set on the Marantz CD6000 OSE LE version (maybe even the KI one), but the dealer at the HIFI shop recomended that I should go with the Arcam

Now clearly the Marantz one is superior, but my amplifier is an Arcam A65 Plus (with Mission M71i speakers), and the dealers justication for recommending the Arcam was that it would go better with my Arcam amplifier.

Do you think this would neccessarily be the case, would an Arcam CD62 CD player go better with an Arcam amp, or would I be better off just getting the superior Marantz CD player, even if it sounds very different from Arcam equipment.

I have a broad range of tastes from classical to heavy metal, but I would like to be able to pick out instruments in a classical piece, so detail is important.

Thanks!

2. DownToTheBone

DownToTheBone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have'nt any experience of the Arcam kit but I do own the KI player. Considering it was originally 500 quid and you can now pick it up for 300 I'd think that's a pretty damn fine deal. The KI is now a fairly old design but whilst browsing one of the hi-fi mags recently I noticed it was an 'award winner' for 2002 which is some going for an 'old' player.

I'd be inclined to listen to both if you can. Also I'm not sure if your Arcam amp accepts digital signals again I'd listen to both via analogue and then digital. I found the DACS in the KI to be so good that I didn't use the digital connection to my amp (admittedly only a Marantz 5200 AV Receiver) so something else to consider.

DTTB

3. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I plan to use analogue connections anyway.

I guess I'll have to give both CD players a listen to at my local HIFI shop, even though I won't buy it from there, they're way overpriced!

4. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I demoed the Marantz and Arcam CD72, and bought the Arcam.
    I suggest you do the same if you can.