1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz CD5400 OSE or NAD C521BEE?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by MS-Yam, Nov 8, 2004.

1. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Afternoon all!

I am adding a CD player to my AV setup but not sure which to go for? Can anybody give there opinions on these two machines? How do they compare sound quality wise? Build quality is also an important factor for me, are these machines built well?

I used to have a Marantz CD63 which I was very happy with. I would imagine the CD5400 OSE wont be as good as it's a lot cheaper. Is this correct?

Any advice would be great. Also, please feel free to recommend any other CD players around this price (apart from Cambridge Audio).

Thanks!

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The closest to a replacement you'll get for the CD63 is the CD7300 at about £350 but there would be many other players I would look at first at that price.
    I'd say you're list is the best two but they couldn't sound any more different from each other. Both good but different sounds!

3. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Bobbypunk,

which do you reckon would match my speakers the best (Mordaunt-Short Avant 906)?
    They are quite bright sounding speakers.

Thanks.