• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Marantz C6006 (UK) Fault?

jayhow18

Novice Member
Hi,

I bought the above CD player a couple of months back and all was well, my old CDs worked and I was happy. UNTIL, I realised that none of my new discs that display information (album, song title etc) will work even remotely reliably. They start to play but the minute I try skipping a track they freeze up, then just stop playing as though I've hit the stop button. I'm really annoyed, I've just been buying a whole load of CDs again to replace aging ones I only have on download etc. and none of them work.

I've tried some new ones that DON'T have track info on and they work fine. What's going on?
I'm really P'd off, I couldn't make my mind up wether to carry on back down the cd route or just subscribe to Spotify or whatever, no I half wish I had and feel like I've just wasted a load of money on outdated old-man tech!

Last edited:

gibbsy

The Marantz is usually a good reliable unit and if the unit is just a few months old it will be covered by warranty. Return it to your dealer for a warranty repair.

CDs will still give you a better audio experience than streaming and this old man still enjoys the outdated old man tech.

jayhow18

Novice Member
Thanks, that's what I thought. I just wanted to double check there wasn't some weird reason it was doing it that I might've overlooked (although I don't know what!) Looks like it's going back then.

gibbsy

It should read and display the album name and track information from those discs that support it. Just check that you have track information and time in the right order by using the time button [I think] in the remote. You never now it may be something to do with countdown and not count up timing. Sorry I can be of any more help sold my cd6006 many months ago now.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom