Marantz AV8802A won’t recognise Dolby Atmos from LG C1

Paul_thx

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a 77” LG C1 OLED TV and a Marantz AV8802A processor. I’m trying to pass Dolby Atmos from Netflix on the TV to the Marantz via HDMI ARC. I’ve set the TV to output the audio via HDMI and the Digital Sound Output setting on the TV is set to auto. The Netflix app is playing Dolby Atmos but the Marantz detects it as Dolby Digital + 7.1. I know that Netflix uses the compressed version of Atmos with Dolby Digital + encoding but the Marantz AV8802A doesnt recognise it as Atmos. Has anyone else experienced this? I wondered if it might be some kind of HDMI compatibility issue. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Have you got an Atmos speaker layout?
Yes. The processor is configured correctly and Dolby Atmos works fine from other HDMI sources connected directly to the processor. It’s just Dolby Atmos via ARC from the TV that I’m having an issue with.

Yes. The processor is configured correctly and Dolby Atmos works fine from other HDMI sources connected directly to the processor. It’s just Dolby Atmos via ARC from the TV that I’m having an issue with.
If you press the Movie button on the remote does Atmos appear in the options? I had to manually force it on my previous Marantz but once that was initially done it then recognised it automatically.

Having the same issue. What I’m learning is that arc cannot pass atmos. It must be E-ARK. So I’m going to try a new hdmi cable with E-ARC capability.
have you had any success with this issue since you’ve made this post?

Having the same issue. What I’m learning is that arc cannot pass atmos. It must be E-ARK. So I’m going to try a new hdmi cable with E-ARC capability.
have you had any success with this issue since you’ve made this post?

ARC can pass Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus) which is what you'll get from Netflix, Disney+ etc.

Yes it supports e-arc. Also Dolby plus does pop up on my avr but when I watch those apps through my Apple TV 4K connected directly to my avr it shows up as Dolby atmos?

Yes it supports e-arc. Also Dolby plus does pop up on my avr but when I watch those apps through my Apple TV 4K connected directly to my avr it shows up as Dolby atmos?

According to Marantz it doesn't. The later AV8805 does though.

When you're watching something via the TV's Apps if you press the green movie button on the remote what other options appear?

Another thing to bear in mind is not all TV's have Atmos via their Apps. Sticking with your AppleTV is the best bet in that situation.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom