Marantz AV7705 owners thread

Such

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one here.......?
have had this for a few weeks now, still need to properly set up the speakers as I only setup 1 sub initially so have to re run audyssey.
A quick question - when playing 4k blu ray should the OSD be visible? I cannot see the volume bar when changing volume.
Also, is there a button I can press which shows onscreen display with signal in and speaker outputs?
There was a info button on my previous Denon remote which showed what was actually being output onscreen.
Thanks

I have one. Still only part setup as I've only just got the surrounds on the wall this weekend, still waiting for my sub amp to arrive before I'll run Audyssey.

I don't believe mine shows the volume on screen when changing it.

Can't help on the info thing at the moment.

Thanks Psy, I'll have a read of the manual.....

Am I the only one here.......?
have had this for a few weeks now, still need to properly set up the speakers as I only setup 1 sub initially so have to re run audyssey.
A quick question - when playing 4k blu ray should the OSD be visible? I cannot see the volume bar when changing volume.
Also, is there a button I can press which shows onscreen display with signal in and speaker outputs?
There was a info button on my previous Denon remote which showed what was actually being output onscreen.
Thanks

The remote control looks the same as my AV7702mk2, in which case the info button you are after is to the top left of the Enter/Navigation buttons. If you have set the remote to control other devices, then you will need to press the AVP button on the remote first - otherwise it will be sending an 'info' command to your source device.

I have found that on some sources the volume level does not always display - I have yet to work out why!

Assuming its the same as their AVRs, you need to go into the setup menu-video settings-output settings and turn conversion ON and i/p OFF. This then allows the OSD (video settings-on screen display-Info-ON) to display over any incoming signal without any other video 'enhancements' switched on.

thanks for the replies.
I had a quick look through the manual and now I need to go and tweak some settings....

Made some changes as above but still no OSD when playing 4k stuff. Saying that I'm sure it was present when watching my ATV 4k.
Is anyone using any apps other than the Marantz one? When watching Sky using the app on my iphone, it shows all the active channels etc, but when watching blu ray it only shows the playback controls.. so I can't see what channels are active.

Thinking of changing my Arcam 850, already got a nord power amp on order and considering getting the 7705 instead of using the 850 as a processor. I'm I mad?

Ya mad

Thanks, I do like the marantz / Denon sound. What I don't want is an inferior product though.

I'm concerned about things like processing and dac's. Are these better or worse in the 7705 compared with my Arcam? I'm not bothered about Dirac as I can hardly tell a difference with it on or off.

If you like the sound then they're a couple of things that you probably don't need to be too concerned about. And if you're not fussed about Dirac then I think you're more than half way there.

I haven't actually heard a 7705, my Arcam broke just before Xmas and I was loaned a Denon X8500. I loved the dynamic sound it produced with movies with hardly any work with audessey it seemed much more involving than my Arcam. Stereo was another matter though, not really as good. I'm told the marantz are better for stereo than Denon and also I'll be using nord amplification.

I'm near Chester if you wanted to listen to a Marantz, albeit the SR8012. I appreciate it's a bit of a trek though.

Thanks for the offer, I'm hoping if Allan at ideal has forgiven me for getting a nord amp instead of an ATI he'll let me have a listen in Normanton.

Apart from the obvious, what's the difference sound wise between the 7705 and the SR7013, I note they both have the 32-bit AKM AK4458 dac's?

Hi Dean
Using the same external power amp on both units probably very little
Using the internal amps on the 7013 and the right power amp on the 7705 could be very different

Thanks, my plan is to use external amps for the front three and later on the back four surrounds. Looking at the specs of both I can't see how the 7705 minus the amps, justifies the same price as the 7013.

[QUOTE = "JEDIBLADE, publicaciĂłn: 27293349, miembro: 15672"]
Gracias, mi plan es usar amplificadores externos para los tres frontales y luego en los cuatro envolventes posteriores. Mirando las especificaciones de ambos, no puedo ver cĂłmo el 7705 menos los amplificadores justifica el mismo precio que el 7013.
[/CITAR]
Good guys, I'm new here because I found this page which asked me the same question. I have a 7013 mr that I use as a pre / amp with emotional stages and I'm delighted but I was wondering if the sound of an av7705 would be noticeable? my stages do not have xlr and I would only use rca and that the room is 12m2 and sound 5.2.4 if someone can help me I would appreciate your experience, greetings friends

Thanks, my plan is to use external amps for the front three and later on the back four surrounds. Looking at the specs of both I can't see how the 7705 minus the amps, justifies the same price as the 7013.
good friends I just bought the av7705 and I have not noticed an improvement with respect to mr 7013 as pre / amp, with the same stages the audible difference is 0 and for me it does not justify the difference of 500e .... what do you think? Should I notice a better sound?

Hi all - after much deliberation I purchased the AV7705 last week, and am happy with the results so far. Coming from a Marantz SR7400 of some 15 years' vintage, my main requirements were more up-to-date features - I knew that I would experience a better sound with my Audiolab amplification - and it has proved money well spent, even with a basic 5.1 setup. Next year I hope to install ceiling speakers and get the Atmos side up and running. If there are any out there on special offer - snap them up!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom