Question Marantz and Dali Home Theatre set-up..

chakrs

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a first timer here and seek some help for my Home Theatre setup please.
Last week I installed my first ever Home Theatre system which consists of a AVR Marantz NR1608, Dali Zensor3 -fronts, Zensor1 -surrounds, Dali E12f sub, extron 14awg speaker cables, Audioquest Blacklab subwoofer cable. I already had a Sony bravia LED tv.
Now, after completing the Audyssey room calibration for my room (size 13' * 12'), i tested some of the features of the AVR.
1. Normal FM radio, 2. Internet Radio: Source is Marantz AVR.
3. Bluetooth feature: played 320 kbps mp3s from my phone.
4. USB: played a 1080p hollywood movie. I put the movie in a pendrive and hooked it in my bravia tv. The TV is connected to the avr by ARC hdmi port.
In all the above cases, i observed that my speakers actually begins to emit sound at volume level 30 and as i increase the avr volume level to more than 60 that's when i really get to hear some decent sound output from the speakers and the subwoofer actually thumping..
I am concerned if this is normal...i mean room filling sound at volume level more than 60!!! Am i going wrong somewhere.. i am unable to figure out.
I would really appreciate if you can take some time and give me your valuable inputs please.
Best regards,
Chakrs

What the actual dial says is irrelevant. Can you get it to a level that you feel is too loud and not get distortion? If you can then your system is fine a working as it should.

I agree with the above, you usually find larger rooms also require more volume too. But if your worried, simply re-run the room EQ and see if everything is the same, if it then you know you've run the room EQ correctly the first time :).

I agree with the above, you usually find larger rooms also require more volume too. But if your worried, simply re-run the room EQ and see if everything is the same, if it then you know you've run the room EQ correctly the first time :).
Shane, i did try that.. readings remained the same. No change.

What the actual dial says is irrelevant. Can you get it to a level that you feel is too loud and not get distortion? If you can then your system is fine a working as it should.
Yes I can increase its volume to a level where it gets very loud which is around 80 and i never tried beyond that level.. So i believe it is working fine.
Thanks a lot for your inputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom