1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz 9200

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Rochdale, May 24, 2002.

1. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was offered the colour marantz 9200 remote today for £675, is that a good price for this bit of kit?

Have to say, with the purchase of my amp and the pile of remotes I have already I'm tempted to buy one of these lcd remotes and the colour one looks much better than the mono one.

2. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hello there!

Was that a legit price?
    I've been sorely tempted by one of these babies since before Chtistmas but thought the price was going to be nearer £800 (not that £675 is cheap!).
    I've played about with the emulator a bit & would say that the only drawback maybe if you're not proficient with Photoshop (or something similar) that would hinder you designing a cool colour interface.
    There are hundreds of b/w buttons & graphics that other people have produced for the Pronto but not so many colour ones at the moment.
    The screen is different to the ordinary b/w version & is I believe less prone to contrast drift which is a problem with the Pronto.
    Of course there's also the added hard buttons & the facility to jump back to the "previous page" which is a Marantz only feature.

Hard to justify that much money on a remote but it is cool!

Cheers, Paul

3. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was told the normal price was £900, I've seen it for £800 on the net.

I was tempted, but it is a lot of money and the screen is only 256 colours which is just a bit too much like windows 3.11 for me :)

I may still get one but having looked at the specs properly the 9200 isn't at the same level on the droolability scale as it was when I first saw it :)